If you struggle with your weight you’re not Alone
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), It is estimated that over 1 billion adults are overweight, and at least 300 million are clinically obese.
In fact overweight people spend billions of dollars annually on weight loss products, but obesity is still on the rise. People turn to fad diets, diet pills, extreme fasting or even drastic surgical measures in an attempt to manage their weight.
Unfortunately excess weight isn’t just a cosmetic issue. It’s a risk factor for many health conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Good news is that maintaining a healthy weight can reduce these risks and it’s never too late.
People seeking to take control of their weight concerns are turning to acupuncture as a natural and effective way to approach weight loss.
Acupuncture works to control weight on various levels.
- Releases Endorphins- Cravings in the body are often due to a lack of endorphins. Acupuncture assists to balance out the cravings by helping the body to release endorphins
- Reduce Stress- The stress hormones cortisol can also be neutralized through the release of endorphins
- Support Digestion- Acupuncture can support the body to generate an effective digestive process
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine takes a holistic, or whole-body approach to health. There are many reasons why people find it difficult to lose weight. Here at Acu-Fit we can perform diagnostic exams to uncover the root causes or imbalances that have affected your weight.
As your Acupuncturist, Nutrition consultant and Fitness coach, we will also take into consideration other factors that may have led to weight gain, such as lifestyle, emotional and mental well-being. By taking your whole self into account, together we can get to the root of your health concerns, rather than treating the symptoms.
As you can see throughout this website, we support your path toward a healthier you!
- Adding Exercise is an important component of any weight loss program
- Diet and Nutrition are other important factor to consider, a plan designed for your specific needs, made up of unprocessed, organic foods, proteins, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Stress relief may also be a part of your treatment. By learning to lower stress and anxiety, through breathing exercises, meditation or gentle exercise such as QI Gong and Tai Chi, you may lose weight more easily.
Weight Loss Nutrition For Fit Lovers
The focus of our weight loss program is a Step-by-Step, practice system for weight loss. My clients get started with the Eight Week Eating Habit Program, designed to help ignite your metabolism and eliminate fat, when to include Carbs, and have you earned them? Have you exercised or not? The all-natural 8 Week Program includes very good, Gourmet Nutrition that will help keep you on track of the carbohydrate debate by separating meals into two categories – post-workout meals and anytime meals. You can expect the following benefits:
- Improved health
- Improved body composition
- Better Daily Performance
- Reduction in joint pain and better mobility
- Stress / tension relief and more
We want you to get results fast. By utilizing Acupuncture and herbal strategies to assist in the nutritional plan, I provide natural solutions to weight loss. Being overweight is one of the single most common “symptoms” of chronic disease. If you are truly ready to lose weight, then you need a partner. I encourage you to find support all around you. I will personally work with you 1 on 1 to help you reach your goals. I work with my clients on every aspect of getting healthy. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So I’ll work together with you on fitness and total body remodeling. There are no magic pills, fads or gimmicks. Working with me and you will achieve results, period!